- The Lincoln 180 Mig Welder called the Easy Mig 180 is really easy to use, as suggested by its title.
- Making the switch over to flux core and gas is simple as well. For a welder of this size and class, the welds penetrate with deep burn even on quarter inch tubing (multiple passes required).
- Lincoln states that the 180 Easy Mig has a 30% duty cycle, but some welders have gone beyond that with no problems.
Bottom Line: It’s the ideal home shop welder, assuming you have a 220v input. If you don’t then go with any of the Lincoln, Hobart, or Miller 140 welders. They are excellent for a unit that runs on a 110v. Or, get a welder generator to power your 230v welder!
Lincoln 180 Mig Welder Review – The Long Version:
So what about the Lincoln Easy MIG 180 welder? Well, for one it’s a great welder for light duty work, like farm projects, fabrication, and car or truck projects. Like I said above, it’s a 230v welder so you’ll need access to some serious power: 230V power or a 220v outlet (same difference). And if you do, you can MIG weld 3/16 inch or less, or 1/2 inch using flux cored.
There are very few home or farm projects you could not use this machine on. It has a wide range of applications unlike the 140 MIG welders. Although the Mig 140 is excellent, you are limited in what you can use it on. But that is expected for a unit that runs on a 110v outlet. This Lincoln Easy Mig 180 solves that problem with excellent results.
You cannot go wrong with a Lincoln welder. They last forever, and they work well. So the only question here is if this Lincoln 180 welder is in your budget. It’s priced at around $760, give or take.
Plus, there are other welders in or near this class that are cheaper. Notably the Chinese made welders (Northern Tools, Eastwood), which can be quite good. And you can spend another $140 and get a more powerful Hobart 210.
Lincoln Easy Mig 180 Features:
Gasless flux cored welding, or MIG welding: steel, stainless, and aluminum.
In the box you’ll get the actual welder, welding gun which has a ten foot cable, .025 inch and .035 inch contact tips. You will also get a gasless and gas nozzles, a eight inch diameter spool spindle adapter, shielding gas equipment, eleven pound spool of .025 inch MIG wire, and a half pound spool of .035 inch flux cored wire.
What You’ll Get:
- Welder (1 each)
- Gun with 10 foot cable (1 each)
- .025 inch and .035 inch contact tips (1 each)
- Gasless and gas nozzles (1 each)
- Spindle adapter for 8 inch diameter spools (1 each)
- Shielding gas apparatus/equipment (1 each)
- 1 pound spool of .025 inch MIG wire (1 each)
- 1/2 pound spool of .035 inch flux cored wire (1 each)
Lincoln 180 Mig Welder Specifications:
- Volts: 230
- Amps: 180
- Duty Cycle: 30% at 130 Amps
- Mig Ready: Yes
- Wire Feed Speed Control: 50-500 IPM
- Weldable Metals: Steel, stainless steel and aluminum
- Weld Thickness: 1/2 inch
- Clamp Cable Length: 10 feet
- Regulator and Gas Hose Included: Yes
- Shielding Gas Required: Yes, for welding MIG
- Welding Wire Diameter: .025 to .045 inch
- Power Cord: 6 feet
- Cart: No
- Dimensions: 18 5/8 inches long, 10 1/8 inches wide, 14 inches high.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3 year limited warranty
- Ship Weight: 66 pounds