If you want an industrial-performance welder at the price of a home welder, then the Longevity MIGWeld 140 is the product for you. This robust, versatile yet immensely affordable welding unit is ideal for up to 3/8” MS, and can be used for all your MIG as well as Flux Core welding needs.
Home welders are a tricky purchase to make, in general, because while you want something affordable and portable, you don’t want to be stuck with a unit that isn’t able to deliver on its promises.
With the Longevity 140, you’ll never have that problem because it’s design with the professional welder in mind, yet crafted with specifications that make it ideal for using in your garage – or even carting it around in your vehicle when your welding passion takes you on the road.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that makes this the welder of choice for most professionals who need a second unit at home that they can carry around easily:
- Flexibility is another name for this versatile unit – whether you need MIG welding or Flux Core welding done, this baby can handle whatever you throw at it.
- 110 volt input ensures that you can use it just about anywhere – even a domestic setting with standard single-phase power supply.
- At 40 pounds, it is even lighter than most 125 Amp welders. That means, you can just pick it up and toss it in your trunk and take it practically anywhere there’s a welding job that needs doing.
- Without the spool gun, you can weld up to 3/8” MS and SS; with it, you can handle almost any exotic metal, such as aluminium, etc.
- Heat adjustments make this a truly versatile product.
- The spool gun provides a level of precision that only professional welders or very passionate hobbyists will appreciate.
- This sleek unit comes in a striking black color and measures 16 X 14.5 X 9 inches, making it one of the most slim-profile models on the market.
- The price won’t eat up your wallet either – at a retail price of $379.99 and a sale price of $349.99, this is one of the most affordable welders available today for the kind of versatility and durability it comes with.
- 11lb spool limit makes it perfect for intricate jobs that take time.
- The thermal overload feature kicks in and shuts off your unit once it reaches the limit of the duty cycle. Just let it cool off while you cool off with a nice cold drink and your welder is ready to use again!
- Standard accessories that come with the unit are a 1lb wire roll for MS, gas regulator, welding brush, chipping hammer and welding mask. Basically, everything you need to get started is right there in the box when you open it.
- Variable adjustments and a user-friendly control panel make using this unit a breeze – just choose the setting you need and the unit will respond like the finely-tuned machine that it is designed to be.
The Longevity family of welding units has been delighting welders for decades, and the 140 is no black sheep by any measure of the stick! Professionals will appreciate the smooth operation, while beginners will soon realize that the unit is intuitive to set up and equally easy to handle.
- The price of the unit is also a very attractive proposition. As a new welder just picking up the tricks and techniques of the trade, you might be wondering if it’s worth spending a lot of money on a unit that you know nothing about. With Longevity, you need not have this worry, because this unit will not let you down.
- Consider that the pros endorse this product after working with more powerful units, and you’ll see that your concerns are unfounded. If you want something that fits your wallet and will perform at an industrial quality level, then the Longevity 140 is exactly what you need to get started.